Almond & Cinnamon Oil Organic Hair Mask by Old Wives Tail - ReviewCategory: Primary Menu Product Reviews Hair Care
Old Wives Tail Organic Hair Products Sample & Review
A little over a month ago I received an email asking if I would be interested in trying out a new organic hair care product since much of what I talk about when it comes to health, beauty and skin care tends to be leaning more toward natural products recently. I have tried my hand at a variety of natural and organic hair care products, but I have to say I have still yet to find the mix that is right for my hair type. What hair type do I have? It is color treated, long, dry and slightly damaged (damn you blow dryer and hot tools, lol). All my life my hair has never been amazingly healthy; from torturing it with various types of hair extension methods, to dying and highlighting and most recently going ombre…it’s fair to say I haven’t been the nicest to my mane. I occasionally search for deep treatment hair masks to try to bring my hair back to optimal health – but most of the masks I have found either leave my hair feeling overly greasy with tons of build up, don’t seem to tackle any of the damage or breakage concerns or are filled with tons of chemicals. When I received this email from Old Wives Tail I was very intrigued to see what the company and products were all about.
After a few email exchanges we determined what the best product would be for me to try out. They were very focused to make sure the product I was going to receive to test would be the best one for my hair type. That to me showed they really cared about making sure I was going to have a good experience with their brand. After I returned from vacation I arrived home to a package from them and the moment I opened the packaging I could just smell right off the bat the delicious scents of cinnamon and almond! If I had closed my eyes I would have thought someone just sent me the most amazing candle or air freshener. It was warm and inviting, not over powering and had me excited to test it out.
A few words about why I liked this brand and agreed to receive the sample:
Certified organic ingredients, sulfate free (important if you have color treated hair to prevent fading), paraban free, gluten free, vegetarian & vegan and NO ANIMAL TESTING!!! ?
100% Organic Hair CareOld Wives Tail is a small hair care company selling handmade organic hair care products - absolutely no additives or chemicals. We aim to nourish your hair back to life the Latino way with our unique blend of oils. Our main lifetime goal is to eradicate animal testing in the beauty industry and 10% of our profits go to charities that save animals from being tested upon. Love your pets, love the environment and love your hair naturally with OWT!
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY on any order.
Almond & Cinnamon Oil Organic Hair Mask – click here
This protein enriched mask is perfect for dry, broken and brittle hair.
Bursting with vitamins and nutrients this almond oil and shea butter based mask will smooth and nourish your hair’s cuticles leaving you with soft, glowing and manageable locks.
We have added pure essential cinnamon oil to stimulate the scalp and increase blood circulation. When massaged onto your scalp this mask will promote and encourage growth of long healthy tresses.
Directions for use: Take some Almond & Cinnamon mask and rub it slowly into the palms of your hands to add some warmth to the oils then smooth over your hair roots to ends. Massage into your scalp and enjoy the sweet and spicy aromas. Wrap your hair in a warm towel and leave on for one hour. Rinse with fresh water and shampoo. Repeat this process until your hair feels clean and product free. After shampooing you can use conditioner on the ends of your hair only. Rinse out thoroughly and style as normal.
For hair that is in a really bad way use the mask twice weekly and leave on overnight.
Store in a cool, dark and dry place – A cupboard in a ventilated bathroom is fine to store your hair treatment.
Do not apply to any open cuts or wounds on the scalp.
Contents: Prunus Dulcis (Almond) Oil, Karite Butter Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum (Cinnamon) Leaf Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil.
Made with certified organic ingredients only, paraben free, sulfate free, gluten free, vegan & vegetarian, no animal testing.
Why choose our organic Oil Treatment?
- Our organic oil treatment is completely chemical free and 100% natural making it very gentle and kind on your hair and scalp.
- Our oil treatments strengthen, thicken and nourish the hair making them the perfect natural remedy for dry, damaged, broken and brittle tresses.
- They smell absolutely divine! We use stimulating and refreshing essential oils that give our oils their amazing scent.
What are the benefits of using our organic Oil Treatments?
- Being 100% natural and organic we believe our oil treatments are the most kindest and effective way to add nourishment and shine to hair that is in a very bad way.
- Instead of using chemical ingredients to make your hair soft and shiny, we use organic oils that are naturally bursting with vitamins and minerals.
- We have added essential oils that have stimulating, calming, soothing and antibacterial properties that encourage hair growth and aid in preventing hair loss.
- The thickness, manageability, texture and shine or your hair will improve making damaged, dry and broken hair a thing of the past.
Our top tips to consider when going green with your hair treatments
- Smother your hair in an oil treatment of your choice twice a week to deeply nourish and moisturise your hair.
- Massage the oil into your scalp to soothe and calm irritation, encourage healthy hair growth and aid in preventing hair loss.
- If you have very dry or frizzy hair use a tiny splash of oil on the mid-lengths and ends after blow drying.