DIY Gift Guide: Himalayan Salt and Lavender Oil Bath SoakCategory: Craft Holiday Specials Holiday Gift Ideas Contributors DIY Lauren Conrad
Mother's Day is just around the corner and I've been brainstorming ways to show my mom just how much I appreciate her. While there's nothing wrong with going out and buying the perfect gift, there's just something special about giving your mom a handmade gift on this holiday. If your mother is like mine, chances are that she could use some well-deserved rest and relaxation on her special day. So, this year, my team and I put together a sweet little Mother's Day DIY to help our moms kick back and relax a little.
This Himalayan salt and lavender oil bath soak recipe is the perfect gift for all of the mamas out there that could use a little me time. And it's quite simple too...only four steps! Here's how to make this relaxing lavender-infused bath soak...
Himalayan Salt and Lavender Oil Bath Soak
- epsom salt (about ½ cup for 1 small jar)
- Himalayan salt (about ½ cup for 1 small jar)
- lavender essential oil
- fresh lavender sprigs
- small mason jars
1. Pour Epsom salt and Himalayan salt into a small mixing bowl. Then sprinkle 5-6 drops of lavender essential oil into the salt mixture.
2. Crush the fresh lavender and sprinkle it into the mixing bowl. Mix ingredients well.
3. Pour mixture into mason jar and seal.
4. Decorate how you want. We tied little gift tags around ours with twine and add a fresh sprig of lavender.
How simple is that? If you're feeling crafty, the lavender oil in this recipe can be substituted with plenty of other pretty scents. My team and I whipped up a batch of rose scented bath soaks as well, and they were equally as heavenly.
Will you be making this sweet gift for your mom?
I'd love to hear your Mother's Day gift ideas in the comments below!