How to make a protein cake - recipe for vanilla and almond protein cakeCategory: Fitness Recipes
For this recipe you will need the following ingredients for the cake:
most of which are found at Whole Foods or any health food super market near you
– 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
– 1/4 tbsp of reduced sodium baking powder
– 1 tbsp of ground sea salt
– 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder
– 1 handful of sliced raw almonds
– 4 scoops of vanilla whey protein
– 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
– 2 egg whites
– 1 container of Fage plain fat free greek yogurt
– 5 packets of stevia or truvia
For the frosting:
– 1 Fage greek plain non fat yogurt
– 1 packet of stevia or truvia
– 1 scoop of vanilla or chocolate protein
The batter will not be very thick, but it will rise so keep that in mind when you are pouring it into the tin. Leave room for the cake to rise and not overflow.
This is how to make the frosting. I usually will make it in a paper bowl and then put in the fridge until the cake is finished and has cooled before I apply it.
Now get ready to apply your frosting. Make sure the cake is still slightly warm so that it melts on nice and smooth.
And that’s it! This is a great snack for those of you looking to get your daily macros of protein and carbs without a lot of fat or bad carbs.