How to make protein pancakes - Flap Jacked and Walden Farms SyrupCategory: Recipes
Protein pancakes are a simple, fast and easy meal to make that you can eat any time of the day. We have always thought of pancakes as a breakfast food, but many fitness folks are opting for turning their favorite protein powders into a more edible form like protein pancakes. There is a great product that takes the guess work out for you and it’s called Flap Jacked. They come in various flavors but for my first go around making these I went with the classic buttermilk flavor.
How to make: (it’s the easiest thing since the mix is already made!)
1. put one serving size into a small mixing bowl
2. pour in water slowly until you reach the thickness you desire
3. let the pancake mix sit for a minute or so and watch as it slowly get thicker
4. spray a non-stick pan with either extra virgin coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
5. put on a medium heat
6. pour mix into small circular shapes
7. once you see small bubbles coming through, flip your pancake
8. repeat and then put on a plate and drizzle on some Walden Farms pancake syrup
9. The best step, eat them and enjoy!
1 serving will make you about 2 medium thickness pancakes. If you want to make them thinner you can probably add more water and get around 3-4 for one serving.
You cannot beat Walden Farms pancake syrup. It is guilt free and tastes amazing! I buy a ton of their products and this was my first time using the syrup and I am hooked! Look at your local Whole Foods, Fairway Market or you can order on Amazon here or their website as well. I recommend finding in your local super market though since online it is much more expensive. In my local Food Town they have all of the Walden Farms items for around $3.99 a bottle.
If you are just trying out protein pancakes this is a quick and easy way to do it effortlessly. I will also post a recipe soon of a protein pancake that I make from scratch using all individual ingredients. I also recommend looking into the Met-RX pancake mix as well which is pre-made as well and sold online here or at your local Vitamin Shoppe too. Feel free to jazz your pancakes up with fresh fruits and berries as well!
Products featured in this post include: