Perfect Image 30% Glycolic Acid At Home Chemical PeelCategory: Primary Menu Product Reviews
Glycolic Acid 30% Gel Peel – Enhanced with Retinol and Green Tea Extract (Professional Chemical Peel)
Level 1 Perfect Image 30% Glycolic Gel Peel – BUY HERE
Anytime I used to hear the words “Chemical Peel” I automatically assumed you’d wind up with a red face, hidden from the public for a few days with your skin literally fall off of your face. I had heard horror stories and also seen some pretty scary prices to get a treatment done at either a dermatologist office. Last summer, after so many years of sun exposure, I visit a doctors office who had a medical spa treatment center on site and asked for them to evaluate my skin and tell me what peel or treatment might be good for me. I am a young 30 something with normal to oily skin, some old dark spots from past blemishes or sun exposure and just overall wanted a softer more glowing skin tone. After evaluating my skin they recommend a very light, chemical peel. The cost? $175 for literally a 2 minute treatment. While I did think the results were great (I did not peel, but I did get a little flush). After my in office chemical peel I was able to go home and put make up on at night and it was as if nothing had changed. The problem was, for that much money I expected more results and results that would last longer. I had already read that the worse your skin looks after, the more results you will get since the peel is removing the dead layers of skin and allowing new skin to show from underneath.
At that point I decided that I wouldn’t pay that much again, especially if I didn’t feel the results were going to be worth the cost each time to maintain that “glow”. So I started to look online and see if there was an at-home product that would give me good results, that I could use as often as I wanted without breaking the bank. I knew I wanted something that was not too much money but also was a low level amount of glycolic acid so I wouldn’t do any damage to my face. After a time of researching reviews I decided to order the Perfect Image Level 1 Gycolic Gel Peel (click here) which was around $29 which to me would be a great price if I could use this over and over during the course of the year!
The bottle is a very good size and from what I can tell you can probably use this every 2 weeks and have this bottle last you for up to a year! I have to admit when I got it in the mail I didn’t even attempt to use it for a long time; probably 3 months later I tried it for the first time. I was scared and nervous to do anything with a chemical peel at home for fear I would wind up red, burnt and peeling. I have to assure you this never happened to me and I finally did it for the first time this past weekend. I also ordered a fan brush online as well which is the best way to apply the gel/liquid without having it get in contact with your skin and also helps to apply it evenly on the face. The two items together were still less than half of my one treatment in the doctor’s office and I had an entire bottle to use whenever I needed or wanted to! It is recommended to do a one layer peel every 2-3 weeks; any sooner could cause some irritation.
I bought this brush by Skin Beauty Solutions which was $14 on Amazon – click here
In order to prepare to use the at home glycolic gel peel I made sure that I had no special occasions or work to worry about the next day. I also made sure to do this after the summer was over so that I didn’t have to worry about being sunburned or getting sunburned. You have to remember that the peel will remove the outer layer of your skin, which is for the most part dead anyway, but once that layer is removed your skin is very sensitive to sunlight (even more so than normal), so don’t do this peel then go out to bake in the sun on the beach. You should also avoid doing this treatment if you have any open wounds, scabs or cuts on your face or it can really do damage and really burn. Also don’t use a harsh exfoliation cream or scrub the day or two before you plan to do your peel.
Make sure to wash your hands and tie your hair back away from your face. I used a soft head band to make sure no hair could fall on my face and into the peel. also have a soft wash cloth near by to pat your face after your rinse your face clean.
Steps to do the peel at home:
1. Make sure your face is clean of all makeup and oil. I like to use a cotton ball and wipe my face with alcohol free witch hazel
2. Tie your hair back and out of your face or use a headband
3. Using the dropper apply one drop to the fan brush to coat the entire brush
4. just like a paint brush apply a thin layer all over your face avoiding your sensitive areas like mouth, lips, eye area
5. you may feel some light tingling, it should not burn or sting
6. leave on for no longer than 1 minute your first time
7. rinse your face generously and completely with cold water
8. lightly tap your face dry with your clean, soft towel
9. let your skin dry and then you can apply a light moisturizer to your skin without any perfumes or dyes
10. repeat in about 2 weeks. if you would like to increase up to 2 minutes next time you may do so.
Doing a glycolic acid peel at home is easy, painless and also cost efficient too. I personally think this is the best at home chemical gel peel you can do and am no longer afraid to do one on myself. In 24-48 hours I can already see a difference in my skin! It feels softer, a bit tighter (in a good way) and my make up looks so much better on my face now than before. I highly recommend this brand and this level for your first time of doing home peels. I am super happy with the results after my peel and plan to do it again in two weeks and leave on a bit longer.
- A Professionally Formulated Chemical Peel. Each bottle contains approx. 15-20 full facial Peels. Actual Product color: Clear
- Retinol (vitamin A) has been proven to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, promote collagen, and remove dead skin cells for a more rejuvenated & even skin tone appearance.
- Green Tea and Chamomile extracts provide synergistic antioxidant, anti-Inflammatory, and anti-bacterial benefits to the skin as well as enhanced sun protection.
- Cucumber Extract, a natural antioxidant rich in vitamins, minerals, and enzymes helps provide added anti-inflammatory and skin tightening properties.
- Guaranteed Quality – Manufactured in an FDA registered cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) compliant facility. We conduct assay testing, identity testing, and micro testing for each batch to ensure the purity, concentration, and active ingredient is present, within spec, and meets or exceeds USP standards & FDA guidelines. Each batch will have its own unique lot number and expiration date printed onto the bottom of each bottle, as part of quality control procedures.