Perfectly Seasoned Crock Pot Organic Beef ChiliCategory: Recipes
I was so excited to finally break out my brand new Cuisinart Slow Cooker this evening and make my very first recipe. I had put this on my bridal shower/wedding registry and at first was unsure if I would get a lot of use out of it. After seeing lots of my friends sharing recipes of what they make in their crock pots and slow cookers I decided to break this bad boy out and make some delicious chili. Slow cookers are great if you have the time to let your food really marinate. I am looking forward to using this to make some pulled chicken bbq next – what do you use make in yours?
In the fall and winter time I love to make pots of chili; either using grass fed organic ground beef or a combination of beef, chicken and turkey. More recently I prefer to use 100% grass fed organic ground beef so tonight I decided to use that as my meat source. When it comes to making chili I usually only use one package of meat, unless I know we are going to have guests over, particularly on football days, because everyone loves homemade chili.
You can also use the chili to top over some chips, add some cheese and make a ground beef batch of nachos! Chili is also a great option for meal prepping as well and I like to make enough that I can put the chili into 4 ounce Tupperware containers and then take to work for the next 2-3 days.
In my crock pot I sprayed it lightly using an olive oil spray. I turned the crock pot on “High” and set it for 1:00 time which is even more than enough time if you plan to eat your chili right away. I love my Cuisinart slow cooker because it is large enough to make big batches and even to slow cook for example a full, natural chicken.
Ingredients Needed to Make this Recipe
- 1-2 tbsp of Williams Sanoma Tacolicious Seasoning Powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 package of 100% grass fed or organic ground beef
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 1 small can of diced black olives
- 1 can of organic red kidney beans
- 1 can of organic diced tomato
- 1/2 cup of organic vegetable stock/broth
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
How to make this chili step by step:
- Turn your slow cooker on, set to “high” and set for 1 hour. Spray the inside tin with olive oil
- In a skillet on the stove add olive oil, salt, garlic, pepper and get warm then transfer to the slow cooker
- Next in the skillet add the ground beef and the Williams Sonoma Taco Seasoning. Cook beef until brown and then transfer also into the slow cooker
- In the slow cooker add your drained beans, olives, vegetable stock and the entire can with liquid of the tomato
- Mix every 5-10 minutes and let simmer for 30 minutes. Since the beef is cooked you are really just using the slow cooker to marinate and keep the chili warm
- Scoop out into bowl to serve, feel free to add your favorite cheese on top if desired
- This recipe will serve 4-6 in a nice sized bowl