Recipe:Banana and Vanilla Whey Protein CookiesCategory: Recipes
If you love banana bread, banana muffins or anything related to banana deliciousness, these cookies are right up your sweet alley! At first I have to admit I was aiming to make a banana protein bread, but once I made the recipe I just knew these would be so much better as bite size little cookies instead of a slice of bread. They came out so soft and chewy which made them perfect for popping into your mouth, especially when you are on the go. I like to take protein recipes like this with me in a zip lock baggy on the go for a quick protein packed snack.
This recipe was fairly easy to make and was a hit in my house when I was testing it out. The consistency reminded me of peanut butter cookies, soft and chewy and not hard like a chocolate chip cookie. When making this recipe keep in mind that the mixture is going to be very thick, but that is how it is meant to be. The banana will make it stay moist when baking, so don’t get discouraged when you see how thick the batter is when you are finished adding all the ingredients.
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe:
- 3 large whole eggs
- 2 organic ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil liquid – link to purchase
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 drops of liquid stevia
- 3 scoops of vanilla whey protein powder (whey tech pro 24 french vanilla bodytech) – link to purchase
- 1 cup of coconut flour – link to purchase
- 1 tbsp of low sodium baking powder
- 1 tbsp of sea salt
- 2 drops of vanilla crème sweet drops stevia liquid – link to purchase
How to make:
- Mash banana by hand or in food processor
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix
- The mix will be very thick
- Spray a baking tin
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray baking sheet with olive oil spray
- Take 1 spoonful of mix, roll into a ball in your hands and lay out on the sheet
- Once all are layed out use a fork to create the criss cross pattern and flatten the batter
- After baking is done lay out to cool and then enjoy
You will use a baking sheet and a spoonful of batter for each cookie, then with the back of a fork make criss cross marks to flatten the mixture. When these come out of the oven your house will also smell so yummy, which is why I love baking – the house always smells delicious!
All of the ingredients I either had in my pantry already or purchased at the local Trader Joe’s, but you can get a lot of these items at your local grocery store, however the natural sweeteners and some of the baking ingredients you may need to order online or check your specialty/natural and organic section of your market. Most grocery stores are increasing the offerings in this section which is awesome news – people are so much more conscious of labels now and the ingredients in their foods which I think is fantastic and stores are responding.