Remembering to take your vitamins and supplementsCategory: Primary Menu Fitness
I am a big believer and advocate for taking vitamins and supplements daily as part of my routine, but when I have conversations with family or friends about their health many of them tell me “I would take vitamins but I can never remember to take them.” I know that it takes some time to get into a habit of taking your daily dose, but for me it is just one thing I have never had a problem remembering to do. It is a concrete part of my morning routine, just like brushing my teeth or washing my face. When I was younger I would take vitamins or diet pills (yes I took lots of those which is just one thing I don’t do anymore but I have tried almost every single one known to man), but I never really took them with any real consistency. I would get really into doing it for a few weeks, then fall off and just forget. Now I make sure that it is part of my diet just like food and other supplements.
So what are some tips to remember and stick to your vitamin and supplement routine?
- get a pill case – I use one that is large enough to hold all of my vitamins and supplements, including any chews or gummies which can take up a lot of room. Having your day to day routine laid out for the entire week takes the choir out of taking out all of the bottles every morning. I do this every Sunday afternoon so that the entire week’s worth is ready to go
- evaluate which vitamins you want to and need to take and then decide what form will make you stick to taking them daily. For example; I take a lot of vitamins and supplements and if I took them all in pill form I would likely never get them all done – so I take a few of them in chew or gummy form. This helps to switch things up and make it easier to get these all down.
- Put your pill case in a place you see everyday before you leave for work. I have my pill case on my kitchen counter right next to my cappuccino machine which I use every morning. This is a visual reminder just seeing my pill case so I never forget.
- Take a multivitamin that won’t be hard to get down. I take the Alive! Women’s Gummy Multivitamin which has everything I need and some fruits and vegetables in it as well. Multivitamins seem to always been quite large in size if they are a pill or capsule so swapping for a gummy makes a big difference.
- Get a plastic container from somewhere like the Container Store or on Amazon that has a lid and can fit in your cabinet in the kitchen. I store all of mine in one of these like you see below and it makes it very easy to pull in and out every weekend to refill my pill case.