Deck the Halls: DIY Be Merry GarlandCategory: Craft Decorate Holiday Crafts Celebrate Lauren Conrad
It's no secret that I love to add a little glitter into my decor for the holidays. To coordinate with my Glitter Garland that I blogged about last week, I thought it would be fun to show you how to create a complimentary 'Be Merry' glitter garland. I've been known to make these types of garlands for a variety of occasions-for Paper Crown look book shoots, birthday parties-you name it... The best part about this wordy decor is that it's really easy to make. I made mine in about 20 minutes and now I have a garland that I can reuse for years to come. To help you add a little extra sparkle to your space, check out my tips below for recreating your own 'Be Merry' garland...
Here's what you will need:
- cardboard or poster board
- an X-ACTO knife
- spray adhesive
- masking tape
- Using a ruler, divide your sheets of cardboard into eight evenly spaced boxes (one will be left over). Use the boxes to ensure that your letters are even in size as you draw them out.
- Cut out your letters, using the X-ACTO knife for hard-to-reach spots such as the insides of the ‘B' and ‘R.'
- Apply spray adhesive to your letters and sprinkle with glitter. Allow your letters to dry for at least a half an hour, and then shake off any excess glitter. (Note: This step is messy, so you may want to do it outside or lay down plenty of newspaper.)
- String your letters by attaching the twine to their backs with masking tape. Hang and enjoy!
Are you going to give this DIY a try?
If you do, be sure to upload your photos to the gallery so that I can take a peek.